From my many internet sessions I sometimes come across a gem and it goes a little something like this “How did I not know about this! It’s so cool!” So there’s that honeymoon period when it’s all fresh and new and then slowly I begin to loose interest. This a little feature talks about what I’ve found thats stuck around. It’s a bit of everything, an ‘organized disorder’ of the internet from my world.
1. A Season In Everything – I found this awesome blog through a friend of a friend actually and fell in love. First of all she is a New Zealander living in France, which is one of my dreams! But love her choice of things to talk about and her photography is really beautiful and unique. Love!
2. Bonne Maison – I found this shop through a store called Widdess (also check that out) which stocks these socks. Basically these are dream socks, made in France, they’re 100% cotton and have awesomely adorable designs. If only they shipped to New Zealand! I’ll have to be satisfied with the thought of knowing I can fill my hearts desire when I’m in France next.
3. Named – I can’t remember how I stumbled across this shop but basically it’s a clothing pattern shop which sells unique hand drafted patterns. It was set up by two sisters from Finland who founded the brand when they wanted to turn there passion for pattern making and sewing into a job. The site itself is really beautiful and I love the collection shoots, especially their latest collection ‘Ticket.’ The clothing patterns are cool and I just thought it was really cool to find an independent pattern producer.
4. Tomislav Perko – This one is a TED talk but the guy also has a blog/website and he’s also written a book called 1000 Days Of Spring. I enjoyed this talk, it had a bit of everything, interesting ideas, funny, travel discussions and Perko is a good talker. Definitely check it out.
5. The Design Files – I had actually come across this website a few months back but didn’t really look around it. But I just recently rediscovered it and it’s a new favourite. Home interior blogs are one of my favourite things and when I discovered that this had a whole section dedicated to home interiors I was hooked.